[vox-tech] Re: running X with Intel 82810

Sam Peterson vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:07:59 -0700

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI

On Monday, Aug 26 2002, Robin Snyder spake thus:
> My questions are these:  Do I need to upgrade to kernel version 2.4 or can
> I just fiddle with X4?  If fiddling is sufficient, how can I examine/edit
> XF86Config-4, which will presumably be necessary?  (I'm also curious to
> know why I can't look at this on general grounds.)
>=20
> 			- robin.

=46rom the "README.i810" file for the xserver-xfree86 package:

   o This driver currently only works for Linux/ix86 and recent
   versions of FreeBSD.  It requires the _agpgart_ kernel support,
   which is included in Linux kernels 2.3.42 and higher, and FreeBSD 4.1
   and higher.

Looks like you'll need the 2.4 kernel.

Also, post your /var/log/XFree86.0.log next time too.  That'll give us
a good idea of what's really going wrong with the X Server, or at the
very least, point us in the right direction.

Good luck.

--=20
| sam -- Programmer I                                                |
| University of California, Davis : Hart Interdisciplinary Programs  |
| GPG Fingerprint: 4F08 E33E 92A2 EA88 CE75  75DC D84C 6046 0240 515F|

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI--