[vox-tech] different kernel versions see HD's as different devices

Kai Harris vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:09:16 +0000

Tommy Burnett wrote:

> There is a kernel parameter "ide-reverse" (or ide=reverse?), you might
> try to pass it to Lilo.  There is also kernel option "Boot offboard
> chipsets first".  I think that's the one that worked for me.

Thanks, I'll try this.

> I'm gonna start playing with firewire and compiled 2.4.19 a couple of
> days ago.  It found the firewire port on my SB Audigy right away.  Now
> just need to get a DV camcorder ;).

I have an iPod and the ieee1394 kernel modules time out trying to
connect to it.  Hopefully the vanilla kernel will fix the problem.  I
know other people have done this, so hopefully I can too!

Kai