[vox-tech] Help with removal of a stubborn debian package

R. Douglas Barbieri vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:32:09 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Stephen. I wound up using the geniussytems.net apt source (the once
listed on Debian Planet), and it worked great. I followed Rick Moen's
advice and edited /var/lib/dpkg/status, removing the kdm package entry.
That cleared up the dpkg issue. Once done, I made sure KDE2 was completely
removed from my system, added the aforementioned apt source to my
sources.list file and reinstalled KDE3.  That worked like a champ! It's
nice to have KDE3 finally!:-)