[vox-tech] OT: finding location of a break in in-wall telephone wiring?

Rusty Minden vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:58:15 -0700

Not always  they can bleed the signal and have in my past caused
more trouble than they were worth. How long is the wiring run.
It may be more expedient to rerun the wire. I have always done
this for several reasons. 1 it takes less time to run new that
troubleshoot old. 2 if a wire is broken in one spot it may be
intermittently broken in others (phone wire is solid and if
broken can work on and off depending on wheather and humidity).
3 it matches my KISS principle to life (Keep It Simple Stupid).

Rusty