[vox-tech] need printer advice badly

Marc Hasbrouck vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 19:19:12 -0700 (PDT)

On the new side, a search of CompUSA revealed these
two candidates:

HP 1200e
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=282672
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpl10509.html#P1_80

and

Xerox Phaser 3400
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50170127

As far as the fuser unit, this is the part of a laser
printer where the toner is heated and bonded to the
paper. The HP 6 (4 & 5 series as well) may have all
the parts you describe built in to it. I couldn't find
the actual part number on a quick check of HP's
external web site. Another thing, the base memory of
HP printers is soldered in I believe.

Marc