[vox-tech] dhcp question

Rick Moen vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 12:02:07 -0700

> actually, you should point people to their hard drives before sending
> them off to tldp.  unless it's an issue of something that's bleeding
> edge, like a bleeding edge video card.  it's pretty safe to assume that
> most people (and *especially* me!) have all the howtos on our local
> drives.

Used to be.

The Scarlet Chapeau people, among others, have of late tended to omit
default installation of the old HTML-format HOWTO sets that in earlier
versions were routine.

> or at least point them to a mirror.

A point.  But, you know, those guys really ought to use round-robin DNS,
the way Debian's mirror system does.

--
Cheers,             "I used to be on the border of insanity.  However, due
Rick Moen           to pressing political concerns, I recently had to invade."