[vox-tech] anyone have debain woody installation cds?

Jared Duncan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 23:23:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gabriel Rosa <grosa@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> If you have broadband, or just a night to burn, i'd
> recommend downloading
> the instalation floppies from debian.org, and doing
> a net install.

I have DSL, and I have looked into doing a net install
but am kind of unclear as to how that would actually
work.  i've downloaded a minimal-cd (image) from
http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/debian-cd/ ...so when I
boot up with that cd does it just automatically
detect my connection and download the rest of what
it needs from there?  I want to make sure that I
don't have to be a linux guru to pull it off (not
quite there yet; still a newbie) and don't hose up
my machine in the process.

any tips you guys have are greatly appreciated.
-Jared

p.s. I really do want to *buy* the cds to support
the movement... I am just totally strapped for cash
right now so next time I think I'll just buy 2
copies.  =D