[vox-tech] Partitioning scheme

Ehrhart, Jay vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:33:35 -0700

Striping the swap file will improve performance since it is writing to
multiple disks at the same time.  Creating a swap partition on a striped set
is done in the setup using druid on Red Hat.  I am using RAID 0 without
parity.  I am most interested in performance that fault tolerance.  I will
use a backup for mail and the web site.

Jay Ehrhart
Yolo County Office of Education
530-668-3729