[vox-tech] simple X86 question

Thu, 1 Aug 2002 22:54:37 -0700

begin Shawn P. Neugebauer <spn@ucdavis.edu>
> On Thursday 01 August 2002 10:17 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> [snip]
> > as a last idea, you may have something that switched the backspace and
> > delete keys, but this is an area i don't know much about.  i need to
> > learn keymapping better.
>
> look into xev (print X events) and xmodmap.  the man page for the latter
> has some useful examples to get you going (got me going; i'm not pro, though).
> the former is probably not widely known of, but is extremely useful.
> one of the first things i do when i sit down at a new machine is swap
> ctrl and caps lock.  much easier on the fingers. :)
>
> shawn.

yeah.  i guess i misspoke.  i can do stuff like disable the caps lock or
switch the delete/backspace keys.

i just can't find it within me to *master* xmodmap.  there are so many
other things i want to learn which take precedence.

i'm sure everyone here can sympathize with the sentiment.  :)

pete

--
Please don't put my email address in your Outlook addressbook.