[vox-tech] Domain Hosting

Martyn R Whittaker vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:26:29 -0700

I have just signed up with Featureprice.com.  I am not sure what the
on-going support will be like - but they have been helpful in getting me
set up.

Their big differentiator is that for $16.95 per month you get 5Gb,
unlimited bandwidth (within reason), a free domain registration and up
to 6 domain names (one of which has a fixed IP) all with their
individual directories.  You also get SSL and CGI bins, PHP, MySQL etc.
They use FreeBSD to host.

Regards

Martyn R. Whittaker

-----Original Message-----
From: vox-tech-admin@lists.lugod.org
[mailto:vox-tech-admin@lists.lugod.org] On Behalf Of Larry Ozeran
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 6:20 PM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Domain Hosting

At 08:39 PM 4/29/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of a good list with rating/reviews of domain hosting
>providers?  All I find are sites that are just advertisements

I found the same problem when searching for a host provider a couple
years
ago. Consider AIT. They have 24/7 *real* technical support and low
starting
prices ($20). I have found them to be a good value and more responsive
my needs than other host providers I have tried who cost more. They are
mostly ex-military and run a high security facility (armed guards and
barbed wire) with high bandwidth. http://www.aitcom.net
Good luck with your search.

-- Larry