[vox-tech] Wine and fonts?

Stephen M. Helms vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:23:45 -0700

Ok, so I know wine has progressed alot so I thought I would try it out
again and now I can actually get the application to work.  I am getting
the following output:

shelms@burgandy:~/.wine/fake_windows/MiniSoft/WS92$ wine Ws92_32.exe &
[1] 16043
shelms@burgandy:~/.wine/fake_windows/MiniSoft/WS92$ Invoking
/usr/bin/wine.bin Ws92_32.exe ...
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org

So I checked what version of freetype and it looks ok:

burgandy:/home/shelms/.wine/fake_windows/MiniSoft/WS92# dpkg -p libfreetype6
Package: libfreetype6
Section: libs
Installed-Size: 432
Maintainer: Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Source: freetype
Version: 2.0.9-1
Replaces: freetype0, freetype1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4)
Suggests: libfreetype6-dev
Conflicts: freetype
Filename: pool/main/f/freetype/libfreetype6_2.0.5-2_i386.deb

The application work great from a functionality stand point, It just
looks awfull, I am guessing because I don not have the fonts setup right.

any help please,
Stephen