[vox-tech] Lugod Demo Computer Software suggestions?

Stephen M. Helms vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:57:24 -0700

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

>point of info -- i now have all 8 woody disks as of today.
>
>in theory, i can update my ISO painlessly.  i haven't tried it yet
>though.  i'll try updating one of them tomorrow, just as a proof of
>concept.
>
>even if i can't update the ISO's the way that jigdo claims i should be
>able to, i highly recommend using jigdo-lite.  it saved me roughly 20
>hours *per disk* to download.  that's quite savings considering woody is
>at a whopping 8 disks.  yes, 8.
>
>and i'm not talking about source CD's either.  we're talking just
>binary.  it's 9 disks if you want to include the "US version" of disk 1.
>
>pete

D'oh, that means more than 1 DVD (and we just bought a DVD recorder at
work)!  I have been wanting to setup my own local debian mirror or
apt-proxy.  The main purpose is to update the seven or so machines I
will have on my home network.  What is the needed disk space per port
and version? I.e. Woody on x86.  I have x86 and ultra sparc and may use
both woody and sid on them so I guess I would need to time this by 4 for
enough disk space.

Also, I could setup my Toshiba Libretto 50CT (with 6GB hard drive) for
using at installfests of demo's.  It could be setup with at least the
core of woody for that.

Stephen