[vox-tech] Lugod Demo Computer Hardware Details

vox-tech@lists.lugod.org vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:41:52 -0400

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 11:29:48AM -0700, Henry House wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 02:17:10PM -0400, msimons@moria.simons-clan.com wrote:
> [...]
> >   Both pair of speakers and the Voodoo5 card are not part of
> > the bundle at the moment.  The Voodoo5 card was likely sold off
> > with the CRT, because this LCD panel has a funky digital connector
> > which would not work with standard analog video cards.  The speakers
> > may have simply been misplaced.
>
> The speakers and Voodoo 5 are both at my office. There is a standing offer to
> sell the Voodoo 5 to any club member for $50.

Henry,

  Oh, I didn't see the sale offer in the minutes.

  If you bring the speakers to the Demo, we can try to get the sound
card working again (I should have all the software required), I have
preserved all of the multimedia files that were on the machine before
perhaps they could may be played at a very low volume.

  I am also wondering if people have some spare USB devices... so that I
could test out the USB controller, but unless the Demo is very lightly
attended I don't think I should tinker with this at the Demo.

- Is the Voodoo card AGP?

  (if it's PCI I'll stick it back in the machine and configure for optional
dual-headed mode)

    TTYL,
      Mike