[vox-tech] help: random number problem in C (yet again!)

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:15:32 -0700

On my bleeding-edge Gentoo machine, "man 3 rand" says "The rand()=20
function returns a pseudo-random integer between 0 and RAND_MAX."

Perhaps this is _inclusive_ of RAND_MAX, since an example in the same man=
=20
page includes the term 10.0*rand()/(RAND_MAX+1.0).  This is also consiste=
nt=20
with the notion that "MAX" stands for "maximum".

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/