[vox-tech] fg a hidden window (chbg)?

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:55:57 -0700

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 05:27:15PM -0700, Ajay wrote:
> Hey guys,
>=20
> 	Just had a (hopefully simple), though not too urgent question.  I
> was playing with chbg, and I hit the 'Hide window' option by mistake.  I'm
> using icewm, and I can't find any references to the window anywhere.  Does
> anyone know how I can make the window show up, either by a ice (or other
> wm), chbg trick, or other method?  I'm not too familiar with the concept =
of
> window hiding either, so..
> (And this IS different from the normal icewm 'Hide' window feature, becau=
se
> window hidden that way are still able to be found!)
> (Just switched to afterstep & wmaker, don't seem to know about it either)
>=20
> (And if you were curious, it's still running, and I hadn't saved its cfg,=
 so
> that's why I wanted to bring it fg instead of just doing a 'kill.'  And I
> reckon that figuring this out might increase my X knowledge too.. ;)

I am not sure I understand your situation, having never heard of chbg. It is
a program? IceWM feature?

IceWM has two facilities to hide windows from view. The first, called
'Minimize' in menus, hides the window but not the corresponding icon on the
taskbar. The second, called 'Hide' in menus, hides both the application
window and the corresponding taskbar icon. The window is still accessible
from IceWM's start menu and from the 'Windows' dialog; middle-botton-click
the desktop to summon this.

I hope this helps!

--=20
Henry House