[vox-tech] Talks, mentoring, etc...

Stephen M. Helms vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:32:36 -0700

{snip}

>   I just checked out the apt-move and apt-proxy, their main objectives
>appear to have not been a mirror system, the first was to maintain your
>own apt-get able area which can be used to supplement the up-stream's
>(by overriding some packages with versions you compiled).  The proxy
>one appears to have been built to reduce the bandwidth needs of having
>hundreds of machines apt-get'ing ... by mirroring only the files requested.

This might be what I am looking for as I currently am using the same
distro (sid) on all machines.  I am using X86 and ultra sparc hardware
though.  I will be setting up about 3 more systems with woody though.
 Would it be worth it for me to setup my own mirror?  If so would it be
best for me to copy all of the cd's I have know and then sync it up?  Or
possibly take my laptop over to someones place to copy the mirror over
to save bandwidth?

{snip}

>   Better be careful, pretty soon you'll have the Vacaville LUG forming
>at your place.  ;)

I think I already have one forming if you count me, Jennifer (my wife)
and my two boys :) you have the Vacaville Debian GNU/Linux User's Group!