[vox-tech] Re: Useless IDE hard drive info... pin 21.

vox-tech@lists.lugod.org vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 02:11:49 -0400

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 08:31:06PM -0400, msimons@moria.simons-clan.com wrote:
> attached to the hard drive body via some torc screws (something smaller
> than size T-10, but if you push real hard a T-10 (which can be found at
> most hardware stores) will spin the screw).

  They are actually "torx" screws.

  Now for the real reason for this post, the most amusing quote I've
read in a while ... this inside one of the EIDE FAQs (stumbled upon
while looking for a IDE pin-out link that was modern and not wrong).
I forgot to include in my other post...

# 7.4 A guy on the net has the same drive and he gets 33MB/s!
#
#      "Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with
#      diarrhea--massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring,
#      entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement
#      when you least expect it."
#
# -- Gene Spafford ( spaf@cs.purdue.edu ), 1992

  soon to be found in a motd near you...