[vox-tech] Re: [vox-tech]Talks, mentoring, etc... was Touble(sic) with Printer Set-up (long)

Rusty Minden vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 12:01:22 -0700

I have an interest in mentoring both to mentor and be mentored. I would be
willing to take on some responsibilities for this IF their is interest from
the group.

My questions would be:
1	Who is interested.
2	When would you like to meet.
3	Would we want to set up interest paths (just an idea) like Perl, bash, vi,
C, C++, Administrator tasks, etc. This would allow a person to Mentor in an
area that they are confident in and be mentored in a area that they want to
improve.
4	What are the limits. If I were to mentor someone, I know that they would be
calling on me frequently for help and I would meet with them to go over
questions, but there has to be a limit.
5	Once you have been menotred you should be expected to mentor another. If
your interest is in LINUX/UNIX Administration once you have a grasp of
Administration you should be able to mentor another this also has the benefit
of helping you to learn more. If you have ever had an opportunity to teach a
subject you will find that you will know it better becouse of the opportunity
of teaching it.

Rusty