[vox-tech] Dingus, was modifying mouse selection behavior under X

Bill Broadley vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 02:52:31 -0700

On a seperate but related topic, the wonderful dingus.  Way cool, it's
the part of gnome that allows a gnome-term to autorecognize URL's.

So for instance as I read this email in mutt (in a gnome terminal),
when the mouse goes over a url it highlights the url (with no support
from mutt) then I can right click to view it in my favorite browser.

Way better then cut and paste for opening url's and similar.  Of course
it works in all text apps, so lynx (even for url's that aren't in a <a href=),
irc, tin, etc.  Very addicting.

BTW gnome-terminal for me allows me to double click an ip address like
169.237.99.45 and get the entire thing.
--
Bill Broadley
Mathematics/Institute of Theoretical Dynamics