[vox-tech] vintage lilo interface

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 02:34:35 -0800 (PST)

Perhaps it's using the "message" option?  From `man lilo.conf`:

       message= message-file
              specifies a file containing a message that is  dis-
              played  before  the boot prompt. No message is dis-
              played while  waiting  for  a  shifting  key  after
              printing  "LILO ". In the message, the FF character
              ([Ctrl L]) clears the local screen. The size of the
              message  file  is  limited  to 65535 bytes. The map
              file has to be  rebuilt  if  the  message  file  is
              changed or moved.

The message file understands ANSI escape sequences for changing colors, so
that would explain the red text.

On my system, LILO says "Welcome to Mark's system.  Please don't do
anything I wouldn't do."

-Mark