grub (was: Re: [vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH 7.1 to RH 7. 2 !!)

Roland Minden vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:55:44 -0800

FYI Red Hat 7.2 installs GRUB by default, Mandrake has GRUB as a choice. I
have had at least 3 people come to the IF's looking for help with GRUB. That
is why I want to learn more about it.

Rusty

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Jay Salzman [mailto:p@dirac.org]
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 11:43 AM
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Subject: Re: grub (was: Re: [vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation
of RH 7.1 to RH 7. 2 !!)

i am not a lilo bigot -- if you can convince me that grub is as easy to
use as lilo, i would switch over before you can say "LI"

(little joke there for anyone who forgot to run lilo when installing a
new kernel).

having most of the world use lilo is a powerful reason to use lilo, but
if grub is very easy to use, perhaps that reason isn't as compelling as
it would be if grub were difficult to use.

i third the motion.

pete

begin R. Douglas Barbieri <doug@dooglio.net>

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org