[vox-tech] sshd dying on debian (potato)

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 14:59:40 -0800

begin William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 12:51:28PM -0800, ME wrote:
> > What version of sshd are you runing?
> > (telnet to port 22 of the box to see what it says just in case you have
> > multiple sshd installed.)

> :)
>

> > (Tis suggestion is in addition to those suggestions t check your log
> > files.)
>
> Still need to do that (the box is across the room ;) )

this reminds me of ajay asking why networked printing didn't work.  i
suggested that he look at /var/log/messages.  i don't think he liked
that suggestion because it took him a couple of days to get around to
looking at the logs and said that in the meantime he wanted another
solution.  nobody offered one.

so a few days pass, he checked the logs and was able to fix the problem
right away.

bill, now about your logs...   ;)

pete

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org