[vox-tech] Urgent - Problem in upgradation of RH 7.1 to RH 7. 2 !!

Roland Minden vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 10:50:00 -0800

I have experimented with ext3 and have had some strange troubles I had
originally thought were do to VM. Things like 99% CPU usage for no reason. I
had this with Mandrake and SuSE both using ext3. IMHO I would stay away from
it on any production machine.

I also suspect the data will be lost from the original install, but you can
always try to do a fresh upgrade. In regards to the Bad CD I agree with you
Rod I mentionaioned I could bring over a new set of disks for this very
reason.

Rusty Minden

Begin Rod;
Even there it's flagged as "experimental".  However Red Hat 7.2's
kernel includes support for ext3 anyway.

I really think the guy has a bad CD.  The Red Hat 7.2 installer does
support upgrading to ext3.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/