[vox-tech] [ot] Oscilloscope recommendations?

Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:58:51 -0800

oh -- one last thing.  the people in marvac are actually pretty bright people
who know their stuff.

the bad thing about going to a place like fry's or radio hut is that the
sales people don't know anything about their equipment other than a general
purpose and what it says on the packaging.  i bought an antenna from radio
hut once and the sales person gave me a recommendation; it was "active
technology".  i decided to have some fun with him and asked what active
technology meant.  he started to say stuff like "it actively grabs the
signal out of the air".  the people at frys will kind of know stuff about
computers, although i've seen my share of idiots there, too.

once i was looking for some pretty esoteric stuff at marvac.  there was this
black dude working there (i forget his name) who was actually able to guess
what i was building (a very specialized video filter) just from the list of
chip numbers i gave him.  totally impressive.  he was like a walking national
semiconductor / motorolla parts catalog.   :-)

pete

begin Roland Minden <rminden@Unilab.com>