[vox-tech] LPRng ?

Ajay vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:20:10 -0800

Hola guys,

First, for Henry, just running lpq will get me 'no connect permission', so
it's nothing about WHAT I'm printing.

* Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> [011215 09:18], about
> Re: [vox-tech] LPRng ?:
:
:1. have you started the spooler daemon using verbose logging?  that would be
:   the first step.  by default, it's not turned on.

	No, I haven't.  I did try either lpr or lp with verbosity, and I
wasn't sure what to do with that, it printed a LOT of info.  I'd assume the
server (lpd) would do the same?  But I'll check that out.

:2. have you looked at logs for both client and server?

I can find no logs on the server, even though I see the lf= on the server's
printcap file.

And incase it wasn't clear from the previous message, logging into the
server and printing a file works fine, it's just that the server for some
reason doesn't want to allow clients to connect/print/whatever.  Any other
thoughts appreciated, otherwise I'll try the Debugging/Verb output when I
get a chance a little later.  Thanks for the replies!

	-Ajay

:               ** Please don't send me html email **

I found a site that has procmail rules to auto bounce that, if interested..  ;)

--
Milpitas, ca	atallam@telocity.net	HempVille, Planet Talarian
			http://os2man.cjb.net/pictures/