[vox-tech] LPRng ?

Ajay vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 09:12:26 -0800

Hi guys,

	I hooked up a notebook to a printer to act as a print server (easier
than moving the printer ;), using LPRng, and I can print fine from localhost
- I tested that.  However, it is not allowing me to print remotely, and I'm
not sure how to figure out 'why'.  All I get is 'No connect permission'.
(And a google search didn't help much.  I created lpd.conf and lpd.perms
files per that search, to no avail.)
I've had a recommendation (from a #debian er) to switch to CUPS, but it
seems like that would require me to remove lprng from both hosts, which I'm
not ready to do yet.

Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated, ttyl!

(I'll look into this a little more later, better jet for now..)

	-Ajay

--
Milpitas, ca	atallam@telocity.net	HempVille, Planet Talarian
			http://os2man.cjb.net/pictures/