[vox-tech] deb mirror

Matt Roper vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:48:40 -0800

If you're only running three machines and a lot of the packages that they
use are the same, maybe you should look at the apt-proxy package.  I've
never used this package, but it's my understanding that you have all of
your computers point at one machine running apt-proxy.  Whenever one of
those machines requests a package, it will be cached at the apt-proxy
server in case another machine needs it later.  This means you don't
waste space mirroring packages that you don't care about and will never
use.

I've been thinking about using this myself, but haven't had a chance to
set it up yet.  If you try it, I'd be interested in hearing how it goes.

Matt