[vox-tech] Signing email with GnuPG

Matt Roper vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:17:28 -0800

I tried it without the ~t first, but it didn't work that way either.
The ~t is supposed to be a pattern
(see http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-4.html#patterns) that tells
it that it is supposed to match on the "To" field of the message.

At what point does the send-hook get checked?  When I write an email, I
don't have mutt prompt me for a To: address; instead I have it pass the
message headers to vim ($edit_headers config var) so that I can edit
them by hand.  If send-hooks are only processed before editting, that
might explain my problem.  However I doubt this is the case because
aliases get expanded properly after editting the mail and because I also
have a similar problem with my save-hook lines:

  save-hook . +Saved
  save-hook "person@place.com" +OtherFolder

As with send-hook, only the default hook gets used; in this case, all
messages go to the "Saved" folder regardless of whether they are from
"person@place.com."  save-hook doesn't have anything to do with message
editting or when headers get set (they're already set by the time I try
to save), so I think I must be understanding something about hooks
improperly.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 01:38:05PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> begin Matt Roper <matt@mattrope.com>
[ snip ]