[vox-tech] Peters Kernal Update and a Few Questions

Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:03:30 -0800

begin: Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us> quote
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Roland Minden wrote:
>
> > BTW I was not able to download the Kernal before I lost connectivity :-( I
> > will have to wait on that also.
>
> ... downloading kernal... um, wouldn't you download the patches, since you
> almost certainly have a kernel source close to the version you
> want?  Major savings in network bandwidth for everyone....

no -- he doesn't have clean kernel source code.  it's a funky suse modified
kernel.   he just mentioned that suse's kernel 2.4.10 had ext3 support (which
didn't appear in the official kernels until 2.4.16).

can't patched modified sources...

pete

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org