[vox-tech] Locking a console?

Sat, 1 Dec 2001 11:42:17 -0800

begin: Mark K. Kim <markslist@cbreak.org> quote
> Thanks, Pete.  vlock isn't available on the server I'm on.  I tried
> compiling it separately but it doesn't work (it says to enter password but
> it's in an infinite loop, as though I ran vlock and held down the enter
> button, and without the delay that occurs under normal circumstances.)
> Apparently the PAM library isn't working well on this server, perhaps on
> purpose so people don't stay logged on.  Thanks, anyway! :)

i hope you're not going to give up that easily!  why don't you contact the
author?  it may be a "known problem".

anyway, i got vlock off of freshmeat.  you might want to try there.

kind of wierd.  "locking" the console.  i wonder if it takes the place of
getty.  but then you'd have to play tricks with init.   some day i'll have to
take a look at the source and see how it works.

pete

PGP Public Key:  finger p@dirac.org