[vox-outreach] ~160 TheOpenCDs wasted

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Mar 23 10:56:37 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:37:27AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> It was very depressing to have to dispose of them...

I feel I came on too harsh.  As I quote above, my main feeling here
is one of sadness over the waste.  LUGOD's also "my baby", so I of
course feel a bit of guilt, too.

However, I have to keep into perspective the fact that this is a volunteer
organization.  And as much as one can say: "If you don't have time,
don't volunteer", we're also always struggling for volunteers.
A volunteer with not-quite-enough-time is better than no-volunteer-at-all.

So... let's just consider this a lesson learned.  Let's be careful with
gifts, and try to avoid being wasteful.

Speaking of that, I'll eventually have a list of LUGOD Lending Library
books that will be up for grabs (once I get the rest of the collection
from Henry, so I can take out everything CSU Bakersfield requested).

I've also got a box full of old Linux Journals from January's meeting.
(I couldn't bring them in February because I had sliced off a chunk of
fingertip days before the meeting, and couldn't haul such a large box.
And at March's meeting, there was some car confusion between my wife and
I, so I had to hitch a ride to the meeting.)