[vox-outreach] Thanks all!

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue May 15 22:16:57 PDT 2007

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 08:10:17AM -0700, hajhouse wrote:
>> I'd like to thank everyone who made Whole Earth Festival this past
>> weekend a success!
>
> Indeed!  Thanks, everyone!
>
> I'm curious, how many discs and flyers did we hand out?
> Did setup/breakdown happen smoothly?  Any more photos of the event?!
>
> -bill!

We did a poor job on keeping track but here are my estimates:
Ubuntu 35
Mepis : However many we burned(Jimbo)
Helix 5
FreeSMUG 10
Kubuntu 5
Edubuntu 1
Knoppix 20
OpenCD 15

Flyers the 50 copies I made + some I found in the box,
the "Support Organic Software" signs on the side of the table really
pulled a lot of interest.

Everything else seemed to go smooth, we should note to discuss the power
stuff with the Karma Dome further in advance next time.

Sorry I don't have any pictures other than the ones I posted already, I
was too busy talking to people.

We did get 2 members, unsolicited (1 new member, 1 renewing)
Henry can give a count of the donations, which some people offered
graciously. We also received a large donation of 2-4x CDRWs in jewel
cases, 100+ from a computer recycling booth nearby.

Also a thanks to Dave, Dylan, Allan and Steve who all helped out at the
booth, so overall a pretty good turnout on the number of volunteers.

Now we wait and see how many people RSVP for the if, it might be a big
one so we might need some volunteers to help out.

Alex