[vox-outreach] WEF preparations

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Tue May 8 13:24:38 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 13:11, Jimbo wrote:
> I have burned some cds but afraid to make any more.  I have noticed that
> kubuntu live is very slow.  I thought it was just on my pc until I saw
> it at the last installfest.
>
> Has anybody noticed an unusually long load time for the latest ver of
> kubuntu?

Could I suggest SimplyMEPIS (www.mepis.org) instead?  Frankly I'm
disappointed with Feisty, having encountered showstopper bugs with
both its RAID and CRT support.  They should have delayed release and
put out a proper release candidate.

MEPIS is good stuff, truly desktop-ready.  It's a KDE-based live CD
that is also installable to disk, loosely based on Ubuntu.

Rod