[vox-outreach] WEF preparations

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue May 8 02:14:46 PDT 2007

Nick Schmalenberger wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 12:35:36AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
>> 1.Can we get a general status update on how that CD burning is going?
>> (I've got 5 OpenCD, 10 Ubuntu in the burning process now)
> FreeSMUG too. I see their CD is a dmg, didn't we have issues with that
> before? What did we figure out? I'm downloading now, so I will look into
> that, but I don't have an OSX machine right now.
I figured it out, you just burn the dmg to the disk. Its basically kinda
  like a giant tar/zip. Once on the Mac you open it and a theres a dmg
for each program to install with.
>> 2.Whenever someone throws together some handouts I'll start printing.
>> 3.Also how about a tentative list of what times people can facilitate
>> the booth.(Is anyone actually going to table Friday?)
> I can do Friday, and the rest of the weekend too.
>> 4.Starting Friday evening, I can arrange to store the materials on
>> campus not to far from the Quad, I'll also bring my furniture dolly to
>> facilitate the movement of materials.
>>
> Sounds good. Are you still planning on bringing the demo box you
> prepared or is Chris Mackenzie going to bring his computer, or what?
>> Should we send out a general vox announce asking for volunteers?
>> Alex
> yes.
Chris has the Demo Box, Henry has an LCD for us to use, I'll try to
collect those and stash them on campus by thursday. I can't be there
super early Friday so I'm going to talk with Dylan Beaudette and Dave
Waetjen about setting it up on Friday since they have labs close to the
quad too, and I'll be there at 6pm to tuck it away for the evening.