[vox-outreach] Re: Whole Earth Festival may 11-13

Nick Schmalenberger nick at schmalenberger.us
Wed Apr 25 14:40:06 PDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 11:27:08AM -0700, approptech at wef.ucdavis.edu wrote:
> Hey again Nick,
>
> I'm sorry that I didn't accept Linux Users Group to the Whole Earth
> Festival.  I should have looked more into things, instead of assuming.
> The others with WEF education feel that you are very appropriate, so on
> behalf of WEF, you're back in.
>
> Also, would you like to be included in the WEF program?  If so, please
> include a short blurb about your group, ASAP.  Also, please send your
> insurance information for me to relay to parking.  Thanks!
>
> Ayse Gursoz
> Atech Coordinator
> Whole Earth Festival
> 650.440.9811
> approptech at wef.ucdavis.edu

We don't have the insurance, so if nothing else we will probably just
take the stuff in from the parking lot by the tennis courts or
something.

You can put the following in the program describing LUGOD:
"The Linux Users Group of Davis is a local computer club promoting the
use of free-as-in-freedom software and the Linux Computer Operating
System. They meet monthly at the Davis Public Library with talks given
by members, companies, and other organizations interested in Linux.
Visit their website at http://www.lugod.org/ for more information."

Thank you very much.
Nick Schmalenberger