[vox-outreach] Status of WEF & GTC?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Apr 18 15:40:31 PDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 02:51:02PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> WEF - we're pretty sure there's no fee we just need to send them a paper
> showing we're nonprofit.
> Henry is going to scan the document and send it to Nick/me.

Cool, thanks.  Updated the WEF to-do list with these facts.

> No update on Tent

I meant to contact Jimbo, I think.  I'll do so now.

> I do have chairs

Cool, noted.

> Table?

LUGOD should have one.  Henry?

> Ordering of CDs is a good idea but they might not get here unless we
> order 6.10 now  since 7.04 is any day now and ship it usually gets
> bogged on a new release.

6.10 should be fine, I think.  They ARE give-aways. :)
People can also upgrade easily, I think, or bring their freshly-Ubuntued
boxes to our May(?) installfest. :)

> - So do we try to order and burn some if they don't show up? Can Jimbo
> make some fancy labels for us again?

I did not try and order any.  I assume noone else has either.
I shall do it now, as well.

> I will be there for setup/teardown on Sat & Sun., I will not sit at the
> booth the whole day but will agree to 1/2 day stints.

Got it.  Thanks.  (Any preference on time-of-day?)

> Demo box will be RSVPd for next IF, we just need to dig it out of
> storage and pick a distro (why isn't their one centered on tuxpaint)

Heh, there's Edubuntu. ;)

Thanks a bunch, Alex!  You rock!

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/