[vox-outreach] Planning for WEF

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Apr 16 11:15:59 PDT 2007

>On LUGOD's IRC channel[1], Bryan R., Nick S., Henry H. and I have been
>talking
>at each other about Whole Earth Festival[2] and our booth there[3].
>
>Bryan says he can help all three days, since he'll have time on Friday to
>help, but may not be able to help tear-down on Sunday.

I'm open all sat & sunday for setup/teardown etc.

>Nick asked what kinds of things we still need to do to ready ourselves
>for WEF, aside from getting CDs.
>
>Here's my list:
>
>  * Prepare the demo machine (make sure it's got a nice up-to-date distro
>    with lots of user-oriented apps for people to look at... don't forget
>    Tux Paint!)

What machine are we using, RSVP it for the installfest on the 28th and I'll provide TLC.

>  * Print and photocopy handouts (recycled paper would seem the most
>    appropriate, of course)

I'll donate a ream(500sheets) of 30% recycled paper(I bought a box a while back a still have a ton) and printing time on my duplex laser, just get me a good pdf to print.

>  * Get the tent, tables and chairs (Nick will be driving the supplies to UCD
>    on Friday)
>
>He also asked where we got our tent from in previous years.  I don't
>recall, and suggested he check the vox-outreach list archives from this
>time last year.  In the meantime, I may as well ask here now. :^)  Well?

Jimbo brought the tent last September to FreeSoftwareDay I think.
I also think I saw some folding chairs in my house the other day I'll ask my housemate about.

See some of you tonight - Alex