[vox-outreach] farmers market

Jimbo evesautomotive at charter.net
Tue Sep 5 10:44:49 PDT 2006

10:15= spoke to Nancy at Farmer's Market Comitee |530-756-1695|, confirmed
that it is a first come first serve basis but don't have the luxury to pick
any place to set up booth.  According to Nancy, all non profit organizations
are to use the N side of the market.  Nancy also stated since it is a first
come first serve basis that we (me) should be there at 6am!  I will be
there.  It appears that we have set up booths next to the tan structure at
the NE part of CP.

I will go to Common Grounds and have some flyers there ( next to the
condommints).  Don't have a lot right now but will make a lot more.  I will
also submit info to davis enterprise.

I was going to make a trial run of wifi accessibility  at CP with my pc but
since I have read that others have accessed this i will not go thru the
trouble.  I have my boy's psp and will try to confirm that I can access wifi
at proposed booth location.

That said, there are some things that I still need to work out:

Where can I get chairs, tables and props?  How 'bout lit? software?

I will use my own pc but sure can use some help cleaning it up.  I will also
post vox tech details and plea for help.  I will try to set up not only
debian but other free distros on it as well.

In conclusion:  I will do the very best that I can to make this event
sucessful.  If I have overstepped my boundaries as to just doing things
please tell me and I will back off.  So far no one has said anything so I
have gone hog wild over this.  Having a good time doing this as well!  Sick
huh?  I have oodles of time now since being laid off my job as a mechanic at
Maita Toyota.  So if you need advice on your car see me on the 16th.
Finding knowledgable linux users and mechanics is very hard indeed.

Jimbo