[vox-outreach] Advertising SFD

Jimbo evesautomotive at charter.net
Fri Sep 1 08:56:49 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Kendrick" <nbs at sonic.net>
<vox-outreach at lists.lugod.org>
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: [vox-outreach] Advertising SFD

> On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 11:27:54PM -0700, Jimbo wrote:
>> I have one of those fold out tent thingys that has a canopy.  10X10.
>> Will
>> suit our needs well.
>>
>> If you are sure that I can get a spot and don't have to  set up at 5:30
>> then I will sleep in and set up at 6:30 :)
>
> Heh, even that seems a bit early.  FM starts at 8:00am, right?
> What did the FM people say? -- both about spot-availability, and
> what time they think you should get there?

Fm say that it is a first come first serve basis.  Davis sys admin states
that the best signal would be close to the rec room (?).  I am a freak about
doing things early.  With wifi access I will be there all day long.

>> I have made a flyer in png format.  Unfortunatly I am unable to set up a
>> png picture on my web site
>
> Explain...!? :)

If you are reffering to the png: png is another format of image file, like
jpeg, gif, tiff,  that is very editable.  Png files retain all of their
layers and editing caracteristics (but don't quote me) when used with a
program built for such.

For some reason I cannot get png files to come up on my site.  I can't ftp
to my site as well.  Called Charter (isp provider) a few days ago...was told
that they were having issues with ftp (as well as some other issues).  I was
to able in the past in which a window would come up asking my for name and
password.  Here is the link
http://webpages.charter.net/evesautomotive/Untitled-1.png .  People can d/l
from there if so desired.

I just tested this link and it does work but be forewarned...it is an
extremly heavy file.  Don't access if you have dial up.  It is enormous when
viewed in a browser but once I load it into my graphic editing program, it
comes up perfect for printing on a regular sheet of paper.  Looks dam good
on photo paper!

>> however I scaled it down and changed it to a
>> jpeg and it is now on the bottom of my index page
>> http://webpages.charter.net/evesautomotive/ .
>
> Cool!  I can put a copy on LUGOD's website in the Flyers section, too.
>

>> Please give me ideas.

For and changes to the flyer that anyone thinks needs to be changed.