[vox-outreach] Davis Wiki first annual fundraiser

Philip Neustrom philipn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 20:18:13 PDT 2006

Heya folks,

Davis Wiki is having its first annual fundraiser this weekend, with a
major event occuring this Saturday at the Turtle House (217 Second
Street).  The event, called the Davis Wiki Wacky Woo, is sure to be a
lot of fun -- bands, food, people, etc!  As you may or may not know,
Davis Wiki (http://davisiwiki.org) is a not-for-profit community guide
for Davis.  Of particular relevance to LUGOD is our commitment to free
software and free conten: in our day to day operations we use only
free software, and the wiki engine we maintain, Sycamore, is also free
software!

Our goal is to raise $3500 this weekend.  If you can't make it out to
the event this Saturday but would like to help us reach our goal then
you can 1) Donate online (http://daviswiki.org/Donate) via PayPal 2)
Send a check (make out to "Davis Wiki") to 2222 Anderson Road #AD13,
Davis, CA, 95616.

I hope I see some LUGODers at the wiki wacky woo this Saturday!  One
last thing:  You don't have to donate to come to the event and have a
good time :)

--Philip Neustrom