[vox-outreach] Software Freedom Day, 2006 [September]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jul 14 11:41:43 PDT 2006

Saturday, September 16th is this year's "Software Freedom Day".

  http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/

"Teams that register before the deadline of Wednesday July 19 will
likely receive Ubuntu Linux CDs in their sponsorship goodie bags."

Would LUGOD like to participate in this event, again?
In the past, we've typically done it as a standard Linux demo at the Co-Op,
although we have done bigger events, if I recall correctly.

( For details on our demos, see:  http://www.lugod.org/projects/demo/ )

We'll need a Team Leader to register and coordinate the event, and
a few volunteers to help answer questions and pass out discs and info.