[vox-outreach] Volunteers to help set up for WEF

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed May 4 16:03:00 PDT 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 08:24:27AM -0700, Rick O'Shaughnessy wrote:

> I might be able to help Jonathan out setting up. What is needed, and when?

Thanks again, Rick!

What's needed for set-up is bodies to help move tables, the demo computer,
and discs/printouts (but mostly tables) from the closest spot we can drive
to, to our setup location in the quad.

In the past, we've been able to drive here:

  http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.543854,-121.751681&spn=0.004288,0.008493

(Tennis court lane, between Calif. Ave and Howard Way; there's an alley that
heads south between a pair of buildings, and you can drive /almost/ to
the street labelled "North Quad").

Empty the vechicle, and then, if there are only two people, one person
sits to guard the pile, while the other drives off to park, and then walks
back.  Then both people carry the stuff in.

If there are three or more people, the 2+ who aren't driving can just
unload and begin walking the stuff to the quad.

The walk is simply down West Quad, then turn left into the quad,
which is located more-or-less between North Quad on the north and
Peter J Shields Ave. on the south, and between West and East Quad roads.

(If I got that wrong, someone please correct me; google satellite maps
of Davis don't zoom in very far :^( )