[vox-outreach] Open Source Session at GTC

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Fri Feb 25 17:43:32 PST 2005

Richard:  Off-list.

on Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 02:27:53PM -0800, Richard S. Crawford (rscrawford at mossroot.com) wrote:

> Bill Kendrick said:
> >
> > It looks like there's going to be a class on OSS at the Government Tech.
> > Conf.
> > in Sacramento this year:
> >
> >   http://www.govtech.net/gtc/?pg=classdesc&classid=2126&confid=197
>
> Thanks for passing this on, Bill.  Since my office is moving from
> proprietary Solaris/Cold Fusion/SQL Server to LAMP, this looks like it
> will be really useful to us.

Hrm....

Question for you, not entirely altruistic, but...

There's an outfit called Spikesource which is doing some bundling and
testing of LAMP stuff ("stack", they call it).

  - Have you heard of them?
  - Any idea if your company sees a value in it?

Reason for asking is that I've been trying to assess them myself, and
haven't yet reached a conclusion.  You'd seem to be their market though.

Peace.

  TWikIWeThey: An experiment in collective intelligence.  Stupidity.  Whatever.
    Technical docs, discussion, reviews, opinion.
      http://twiki.iwethey.org/