[vox-outreach] Re: [vox-officers] [Fwd: LUGOD interested in PCs?]

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 28 10:07:49 PDT 2005

Steve

The originator of the notice of these computers being given away is
being cc'd (Seth Duffey).  I'm not sure if he has contacts with schools.
  My impression is Davis schools are rather entrenched with Microsoft
and have too much money to be motivated to change due to cost savings.
Schools in the surrounding area might be interested (Dixon, West Sac.).
   Maybe the City of Davis itself would be interested in a thin client
setup?  Then the computers wouldn't need to go anywhere!

I'm cc'ing vox-outreach to see if someone has idea or would like to step
in here.

Jonathan
Chair, LUGOD