[vox-outreach] Posting; fodder for WEF flyers?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Apr 21 11:30:13 PDT 2005

There's a thread on the K12OSN list regarding a church that's using
K12LTSP thin clients, but the parents/teachers have a vague concern
that the kids "aren't learning Microsoft".  Apparently, a donor will soon
be giving them a number of shiny new higher-end computers, all with free
MS software.

The person in charge of the LTSP lab wonders if, due to this, he should
just give up on the Linux lab.  Some great posts have been made in the
thread, and this one has been the best so far, IMO:

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2005-April/msg00540.html

I've asked the author if I can quote him in flyers/etc. we pass out at
WEF and other upcoming demos...

Enjoy!

bill at newbreedsoftware.com      Tonight's Forecast: Dark. Continued darkness
http://newbreedsoftware.com/   until widely scattered light in the morning.