[vox-outreach] Newsbeat Terminal

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Apr 8 17:05:06 PDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 04:24:16PM -0700, Ken Bloom wrote:
> Does anybody want to contact Newsbeat about fixing the internet terminal?

I'd do it, but, I'm kinda not in Davis to work on it. ;^)

It could definitely do with an upgrade.  It's running Debian Woody with
KDE 3.0 or 3.1 from an external source.

I suggest bringing it up to Debian Sarge and KDE 3.4 from alioth.debian...
Then use the kiosk GUI tool to hax0r it back into kioskness.
(It might be worth just starting from scratch...)

I'm happy to post a note on LUGOD.org front page asking for volunteers,
too, in case someone's out there who doesn't read vox-outreach.
Lemme know!