[vox-outreach] CPR meeting Monday --- we need people for our group!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Sep 28 00:06:12 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 08:05:31PM -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:
> I'm so sorry I was unable to make it... I hope you were able to present a
> sufficient presence and make some difference... Thank you for your effort.

I heard it went well.  (Of course, I heard second-hand from Emily, and
we were both on cellphones, so the following may be inaccurate ;^) )

Henry House and his father, along with Jonathan Stickel were there pretty
much the entire day.  Emily Stumpf was there in the morning and afternoon.
Joe Arruda was there, probably all day, too.  I'm not sure who, if anyone,
else was there.

Unfortunately, it sounds like Jonathan had to go around 6pm, and at that
point, everyone thought for sure we wouldn't get a chance to speak.
(They seemed to favor folks who were speaking to the specific topic of
today's hearing.)

However, Henry got the chance to speak, as the last (or second-to-last)
presenter!  Apparently he did a very brief version of what he/we were going
to present, and from what I gather, at least a few people on the panel
actually thanked him (during? after?) for bringing the topic up.

I'm eagerly awaiting a full (and more first-hand) report from Emily,
Henry, and/or anyone else who was there!  PLEASE POST, GUYS! ;^)