[vox-outreach] Any more volunteers for GTC?

Sun, 9 May 2004 22:20:03 -0700

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 10:10:45PM -0700, David King wrote:
> Not to be a pain, but the mentioned site doesn't list how exactly the
> volunteers show up. Since there's obviously a fee to attend, where do we
> show up and to whom do we speak?

Sorry, I'll put some info on that page in a sec! :^)

The Floorplan PDF shows a "Exhibitor Registration" at the top left corner.
That'd be the southwest corder of the building (near K Street).

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/gtc/WestFloor04_3-22.pdf

I've given GTC all of the volunteer's names, so that badges can be made.
(No response from David Florence at GTC yet... but then again, it's Sunday!)

Since you're with the group, you won't have to pay to attend.  With an
exhibitor badge, you'll be able to get on the exhibit floor before the
general public, for setup and breakdown, of course!

Our booth, which Mike Simons told me is now #1632 is, at least based on the
map >I< have (which is admittedly from March!), very close to the entrance
by the exhibitor booth.

If there are any problems, there will be GTC and Convention Center folks
wandering around (and at the exhibitor registration) who can help direct you.

I'd also like it if everyone can exchange cellphone numbers with each other.
(I sent a private email to the lot of volunteers who were lined up as of
a couple of days ago, but in some cases, numbers were unknown, or they were
home numbers, which aren't quite as useful once you're all at the Cnvtn Ctr!)

Let me know if you have any more questions!  (And keep 'em coming to
vox-outreach, so others can see, and/or help answer)

Thanks so much,

-bill!
(wondering when he'll get back to SJ tonight! D'oh! ;^) )