[vox-outreach] 100 gnu-win 2.3beta CDs

Thu, 6 May 2004 22:20:48 -0700

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 07:36:24PM -0700, David King wrote:
> At the last LUGOD meeting, I was given 100 blank CDs and about half that
> in empty CD envelopes.

Hi David, sorry I gave you 1/2 as many sleeves as you needed. :^)

> In an hour or so, the last of them will be done
> burning gnu-win 2.3beta.

Very cool!

> If I'm not mistaken, their intended purpose is
> GTC; although I can't claim to know what that is, I imagine it happens
> this weekend. I live in Vacaville, how should I go about getting them to
> the right people?

Actually, they're for two events.  Whole Earth Festival is at UC Davis this
weekend (actually, it starts at noon on Friday)

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/wef/

"GTC" is the Government Technology Conference, a very large conference
(that I _assume_ Mike and Henry have paid the electricity charges for by now!)
taking place at the Sacramento Convention Center next week.
(Exhibit floor is open Wed, Thur and Fri, and we need to set up on Tues)

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/gtc/

Most WEF and GTC volunteers are subscribed to this list ('vox-outreach'),
so hopefully one of them can coordinate getting the discs from you.

Since you're so far away, and we SHOULD be okay in the disc-department
for Whole Earth (at least for the first couple days), don't stress about
getting them to the proper people until early next week.

Anyone here able to make a trip down to (or a stop-off while going through)
Vacaville to get these discs from David?

> Thanks for an opportunity to help,
> 	David King

Thank YOU for helping!!!

-bill!