[vox-outreach] Re: More volunteers still needed for Gov't Tech Conf

Michael Wenk vox-outreach@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:20:36 -0700

On Friday 30 April 2004 12:29 pm, Rob Rogers wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 10:57:59AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > > It would have to be a week loan (I have no place to put them where I
> > > live :( )
> >
> > I could hide them at my apt. here in Davis, I guess.  (I don't think
> > Melissa will care TOO much if we just shove them up in the office,
> > upstairs.)
>
> When is the setup for GTC? If I pick them up (see below) I could store
> them here, but I'm not sure I can get them to GTC for setup. (IIRC last
> year we brought our tables in on Tues. afternoon. As long as this
> doesn't happen too late I can make it. I start work at 3:15pm)
>
> > > Do you(or anyone going) have a van/truck?
> >
> > I do not.  I do not know who out here does.  (Please speak up!)
>
> I do.
>
> [snip]
>
> > > They're out in a storage place near where I live (Rio Linda, probably
> > > half hr from davis)  The only real problem is timing, the place is open
> > > 9-6 Mon-Sat, which makes getting it on a weekday next to impossible (my
> > > best time leaving work got me home at 5:50)  How about a saturday?
> > > Could you get it on the 8th?
> >
> > D'oh!  >If< I'm back in town on the 8th, I'll probably either be
> > gathering up more junk for my own move down in San Jose, or trying to
> > help out with WEF.
>
> I'm in Citrus Heights, which is probably a lot closer to both Rio Linda,
> and Downtown Sac (GTC location). Saturdays are also good days for me.

Let me know a good time on 8th would be for you.   I'll email you the address
privately before then.

> Oh, and I guess I'm volunteering to at least show up to GTC Friday
> afternoon for teardown so I can take these things back. I'm actually
> hoping to make it there for most of Friday, but my wife's having surgery
> the day before, so I'm not sure I can commit to much more than an hour
> or so that day.

Well, because I'm burning a week of vacation the following week(going out of
town) I don't think I'll be able to make an appearance at this years GTC :(
Probably have to put em back the following sat(the 15th) unless you want to
store em for a few weeks(I'll get back on the 26th, so the next sat after
that.)  Its up to you and what you can do...

Mike